A taste of adventure in Dubrovnik
1st day: AIRPORT – DUBROVNIK
Arrival to airport Dubrovnik and transfer to hotel. Short sightseeing of Dubrovnik (UNESCO-heritage), one of the most beautiful cities on the Adriatic coast, a treasury rich in cultural and historical monuments dating back a thousand years. The city is surrounded by 2 km of walls with towers built between 11th and 17th century. We recommend walk on the city’s main street, Stradun, visit to the Rector’s palace, the church of St Vlaho, the Cathedral, Franciscan monastery with one of the oldest pharmacies in Europe (14th century). Dinner in a restaurant in the Old town.
2nd day: DUBROVNIK – STON – SRĐ HIKING
After breakfast, half day excursion to the beautiful small town of Ston, surrounded by impressive city walls. Ston is also well-known for its oysters farm as well as salt production in a traditional way. Oyster tasting and lunch (fish or meat). In the afternoon, hiking to the Srđ hill (412m) above Dubrovnik, from where there is beautiful view from above to the Old town of Dubrovnik in the sunset. Return by funicular. Dinner in a restaurant.
3rd day: BIKING IN KONAVLE VALLEY – DUBROVNIK
In the morning, biking through vineyards, olive groves and cypress trees in Konavle valley. Wine tasting and snack in a typical winery. Lunch in a typical restaurant: lamb meat and beef prepared in traditional way “under the baking bell”, sitting outside near the small river. In the afternoon, sunset dinner cruise by small typical ship (3-course menu, fish). Free time in the Old town, transfer back from the Old town to the hotel at midnight.
4th day: DUBROVNIK – ELAFITI ISLANDS
Breakfast in hotel. Free day for relaxing. Optional sea kayak tour around Dubrovnik city walls and Lovrijenac fortress. In the afternoon, boat excursion to Elafiti islands: small archipelago, beautiful islands covered with Mediterranean vegetation, crystal azure sea and nice beaches. Summer residences, small villages, old churches on the islands. In the evening, leisure gala-dinner at the beach with the beautiful view to the Old town of Dubrovnik (dinner in restaurant, terrace on the beach).
5th day: DUBROVNIK – AIRPORT
Transfer to the airport
The arrangement includes:
– 4 x overnight BB in Dubrovnik in hotel 4*
– all transfers as in the program
– English speaking guide all days, assistance at the airport on arrival day
– 2 x dinners in restaurants (day 1 and day 2), as in the programme
– oyster tasting and lunch in Ston: aperitif, oysters, risotto, grilled fish with side dish, dessert (day 2)
– lunch in Konavle: prosciutto/cheese + lamb/beef meat prepared under the baking bell + potatoes, salad + dessert (day 3)
– sunset dinner cruise: 3-course fish menu, drinks included (day 3)
– leisure gala-dinner at the beach, drinks included: (day 4)
– hiking to Srđ hill above Dubrovnik, return by funicular, a bottle of water included (day 2)
– biking in Konavle valley, a bottle of water, wine tasting and snack (day 3)
– boat excursion to Elafiti islands, lunch with drinks included (day 4)
– optional activity: sea kayak tour